Sweating & Smiling Guaranteed!
- This program is a non-competitive class that helps elementary school-aged children learn that fitness can be fun. The classes will include running, games, and activities that will increase your child’s fitness level without them even noticing!
- This program will have an emphasis on Cross Country Running and the curriculum will include learning how to train and compete for a race, but every practice includes games and fun group challenges. Just like our other after-school programs, your kids will be “sweating and smiling” when you pick them up!
- There will be an optional end-of-the-season cross country meet to help apply some of the things your child has learned in the program. More info here.
- There is a 10% Multi-Family Discount. Discount will be applied automatically in the cart.
- There is a 10% Military, Teacher, and First Responder discount that you can sign up for in the cart.
- Only 1 discount can be applied.
- There is a one-day a week option for $70, but it is limited to 5 participants for each day. If the one day a week option is sold out, we can put you on a waitlist and let you know a few days before the session begins if there is room in the program for your child.
- K-5th Grade
- Northern Nevada: September 10th – October 31st, 2019
- Southern Nevada: September 16th – November 7th, 2019
- Right after school for 1 hour
- Class size is limited to 40 participants per session.
The Red Rover Program includes:
- A coach will be at every session to conduct the training. They will also be available for email and phone contact to answer any questions that the parent’s may have.
- We need parent volunteers who are district badge-certified to help run the program with the coach. We need 1-3 volunteers per session depending on participant numbers. Your child’s entry fee into the after-school program will be waived. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Josh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children will be grouped with others of similar ability and a parent volunteer will oversee these smaller groups to conduct the training provided by the head coach.
- Every child will receive a Red Rover Kids t-shirt unique to their season.
END OF THE SEASON CROSS COUNTRY RACE
- Our end of the season race is optional but we highly encourage you to have your child participate. Progress, improvement, and teaching moments significantly increase through the medium of competition. Entry fees are not included in the registration fee and parents are responsible for signing up their kids. Cost will be $20 and includes a t-shirt, professional timing, and awards. All elementary kids are invited to attend regardless if they are a part of the after school program or not. Click here for more information on the race.
RAINY DAY PROTOCOL
- For every school, there is an indoor option so we will not cancel class unless its an emergency.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle, athletic shoes, and goes to the bathroom prior to each training session.
- Weather is usually hot and dry. Stay hydrated by steady water consumption throughout the day.
- Before signing up, please be sure that your child has the ability to be functional and disciplined in a group setting.
- If a child is not following rules, endangering other kids’ safety, disrespecting coaches or directors, or acting out inappropriately, parents will be notified and Red Rover reserves the right to remove the child from the program.
- We uphold the most concern for the safety of your children. We have multiple coaches to ensure that rules are being followed and their well-being is secure. Please reiterate to your child the importance of listening to their coaches and being respectful during practice.
- The purpose of this program is to teach goals, implement basic body movements, get them moving, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
- Please do not hesitate to call with questions or concerns. We look forward to a great session!
My daughter loved Red Rover Kids. She said it was so much fun that you didn’t even realize you were exercising! Megan
My daughter loved Red Rover Kids. She said it was so much fun that you didn’t even realize you were exercising!Megan