Sweating & Smiling Guaranteed!
- Come join a running club that doesn’t even feel like you are running! Not only do you learn how to train and compete for a race, but every practice includes games and fun group challenges. Just like our other after-school programs, your kids will be “sweating and smiling” when you pick them up!
- K-5th Grade
- September 10 – November 1, 2018
- Class size is limited to 40 participants per session
The Cross Country Running Program includes:
- A coach will be at every session to conduct the training. They will also be available for email and phone contact to answer any questions that the parent’s may have.
- We need parent volunteers who are CCSD badge-certified to help run the program with the coach. We need 1-3 volunteers per session (M/W, T/Th) depending on participant numbers. Your child’s entry fee into the after-school program will be waived. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Josh at email@example.com.
- Children will be grouped with others of similar ability and a parent volunteer will oversee these smaller groups to conduct the training provided by the head coach.
- Every participant will receive a Red Rover Kids t-shirt unique to their season.
CROSS COUNTRY MEETS
- Cross Country Meets are optional but we highly encourage you to have your child participate. Progress, improvement, and teaching moments significantly increase through the medium of competition. Entry fees are not included in the registration fee and parents are responsible for signing up their kids. Cost will be $5 per event. There will be a total of 4 races in the season.
- Cross Country Meets will be held on Friday afternoon of each week. The schedule will be updated soon.
- Please make sure your child brings a water bottle, athletic shoes, and goes to the bathroom prior to each training session.
- Weather policy: Weather is usually hot and dry. Stay hydrated by steady water consumption throughout the day. If it is torrential rain or high speed winds, practice may be cancelled and we will email you to reschedule. Otherwise practice is on!
- We uphold the most concern for the safety of your children. We have multiple coaches to ensure that rules are being followed and their well-being is secure. Please reiterate to your child the importance of listening to their coaches and being respectful during practice.
- The purpose of this program is to teach goals, implement basic body movements, get them moving, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
- Please do not hesitate to call with questions or concerns. We look forward to a great session!